Friday 26 August 2016

Getting Ready to Publish - “Hen Party 1 (The First Novella)”.


With a mixture of nervousness and excitement, I’ve been getting my first romance novella ready for publishing. I’ve spent the last month teaching myself how to make a kindle book for Amazon. The hardest bits have been writing a blurb (book description), understanding what keywords really mean, and formatting my manuscript to kindle guidelines. 

I thought I would offer readers a choice of short novella format, ideal for smartphones, or later on, one complete story for kindles and other devices.
I plan to publish each novella once the editing is finished. By the end of 2017, Hen Party should be one, big long book about a girls’ night out that leads to a romance with unexpected consequences.
 
Hen Party is a contemporary story that thumped me on the head and demanded to be written. I was busy writing romance in the Victorian Age where I like to compose a little bit of poetry, and research classical mythology. I resisted writing Hen Party until the flow of words stopped in my Victorian romance, and I was writing nothing at all. I was held to ransom by the party girl muses.

Eventually, I agreed to write their story. They led me astray. I was shocked by their antics. I laughed. I shed a few tears over the heroine’s troubles. I couldn’t believe the story was coming out of my mind! It was a crazy detour from the writing path I’d chosen.   

My hope is for Hen Party to entertain readers. Give them a laugh or two. Feel-good, smile. Readers might roll their eyes at the party goings-on. Love follows a rocky course, but in the end, the cast of characters have their hearts in the right place.

Next week I’ll be posting my Father’s Day tribute, and then the following week starts my September Romance Reader and Writer posts on the Blogger. So next month, I’ll post the Hen Party book cover and blurb and write about any news that comes in.

Have a fun weekend!
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment