Friday 16 September 2016

Book - "Hen Party 1 (The First Novella)" by Ashlyn Brady


Woo hoo, I’ve published my debut novella!

I resisted writing this rebellious romance because it wasn’t a story I could imagine myself publishing. I rewrote and revised the story over and over again for a long time, trying to make it not so loud, softer in its themes, and less raw. I lost the battle with the characters. The Hen Party story can’t pretend to be something that it’s not. With a lighter heart, I cheered on the unlikely couple who were falling for each other among the chaos of a girls’ night out. There’s some laughs to be had, the book is entertainment and not to be taken seriously.

I think it’s a rockin’ romance but ultimately readers will decide its worth.

I’d like to acknowledge the group of women with a sense of humor who helped me sort out the kinks in the story. The draft manuscript traveled around Australia, to the USA, England and Ireland. My heartfelt thanks goes to my fellow writers from RWA (Australia) for their critiques, Justine Lewis, Kate, and Catherine. And also to Cindy. To the three editors who sifted through the chaos and helped polish the words—Corinne DeMaagd, Sarah McNamara, and one other.

Amygdala Design in Norway made the beautiful book cover. Ida made the artwork better than I could ever have imagined.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

A year ago, I made my first video about the Hen Party. It seems a little amateurish now, but what the heck? It’s a bit of fun, and here it is;



 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hen Party the first novella is about…

A brave heroine, Kyra is thrust into the hen party action, lacking confidence, doubting herself and trying to safeguard her best friend— the bride’s happiness. She meets a mysterious man like no other she’s met before. He’s gorgeous, has good manners and is oh so seductive. Then she discovers his true identity and her life is never going to be the same again.

The handsome hero, Jovanni is a dark tiger of a man, with a secret agenda. He has traditional views on marriage and family. As the night unfolds, so does his sensual nature, and the longing to have a special woman in his life grows irresistibly. He finds the right woman at the Hen Party, but he’s more in danger of losing her than spending the night getting to know her.

Love runs a rocky course for the couple…and the Hen Party story is the beginning of their affair.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 The Blurb from Amazon…

Secrets are never meant to be revealed…

Unlucky in love, Kyra Jamieson, is stuck in a rut. Her career in Sales is stalled and she’s all but given up looking for Mr. Right. As chief bridesmaid, she must put aside her failings, overcome her envy, and ensure her best friend, Elin’s hen party goes off without a hitch.

It should be a happy celebration if the crazy girlfriends don’t play tricks on her. And the racy entertainment doesn’t get out of hand. Who knew a gorgeous mystery man was going to invite himself to the girls’ night out?

CEO, Jovanni Tisci has a shocking agenda—to stop Elin’s wedding from going ahead without losing smart and beautiful Kyra, the woman he desires.

One kiss from seductive Jovanni and Kyra is caught in his sexy trap. Whether she gives away his secrets or not, there'll be consequences...for everyone.

Hen Party 1 (The First Novella) is available exclusively as a Kindle e-book at Amazon. The price is $0.99 US. If you’re interested, here’s the link, Amazon.com

 Hen Party 2 (The Second Novella) will be published 29 September 2016 on Amazon.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I hang out at the Blogger site every week, and on Google + daily, and other places sporadically. If you’d like to connect with me on my other social media sites, you can find me here;

Blog Site

Google Plus

Facebook

Goodreads

Pinterest

Twitter

Email
ashlynbradyauthor@gmail.com

Ashlyn Brady – Sacred Earth, for the love of Gaia, Google + site

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
News about the First Novella

Not good news…the novella had been published for one day when it was uploaded to a pirate book site. I was devastated…I felt like a mother whose newborn baby had been ripped out of her arms and taken by a sinister force. I questioned whether I should continue writing if people were going to steal my books from me. Fortunately, my romance writer friends gave me advice, supported me, and offered cyber hugs. They pulled me through the darkness and out the other side.

Over the days that followed, the pirate book sites who offered my novella for free, multiplied. I watched my story spread around the world, but it wasn’t in a good way. From my own investigations of a pirate website, when I clicked on my book, it unleashed an attacking virus on my laptop. Nasty, indeed!

Some other advice I received was that the pirate book sites can also be phishing sites, scams, trying to get people’s credit card details so they can steal their money.

There was a suggestion that book pirating is done by a computer somewhere in the world that trolls for new releases, and it’s not an actual person doing the thieving.

So I was a newbie publisher who did a google search on her book and got in a flutter over pirating. In the meantime, I’m writing a new series of short romance books about a Bachelor Pirate and his Lady Love set in the Victorian Era. Yo-ho-ho…I’ll have the last laugh on the book pirates when the wheel of karma turns their way!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thanks for reading about my debut novella.
Whatever book is in your stash, happy reading!
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment