Friday 28 October 2016

Halloween 2016


To those people who celebrate Halloween, the scare fest is coming soon.
What is the scariest movie you’ve ever watched?

I don’t mind admitting I’m a big chicken when it comes to watching horror movies. I’ve declined invitations to watch “The Conjuring” movies several times. However, recently, I did sit through one of the “Paranormal Activity” movies. I think the horror genre was ruined for me when I watched “Carrie”, a movie based on a book by Stephen King. If I try really hard, I can remember the gruesome, blood splattered movie scenes, and the cruelty toward the girl, Carrie. I wish I could unremember the story, unsee the scenes and erase it all from my mind.

source: http://www.picturequotes.com/
Do you know people who like to tell ghost stories?
For Halloween 2016, I thought I’d write about my last ghost encounter which occurred a couple of weeks ago.


At the Camp Fire

But first let’s get into a spooky mood…let’s pretend it’s night time, and we’re sitting on cosy blankets around an open fire. The logs crackle and catch alight. Soon afterward, the fire hisses and spits and fills the air with the fragrance from the burning oils in the wood. Smoke spirals upward in wispy patterns.
Above us, the sky is clear, midnight black and jeweled with stars.
We hear a creaking sound.
Is it a door?
How could it be a door? We look around us. There are no buildings near our wilderness camp site. We must be hearing things or our minds are playing tricks on us.
Over in the east, the arc of the moon is rising above the horizon. Suddenly, pearly light shines over us…and…it illuminates a procession of ghosts who have walked out a distant graveyard.
Aaarrrr! It’s Halloween and someone has opened the crypts of the dead. (Just joking—my real life ghost story is not that scary)

The Ghost Going Somewhere

As I mentioned earlier, my last ghost encounter wasn’t very long ago. The house I live in is located on an old path to a local freshwater hole in the ground (the site is now a hotel, and there are no signs of the natural, rockhole—said to have once been an Aboriginal site.) 

The path is now a spirit path that lingers in the ghost dimension from ye olde days—just over one hundred years ago. Spirits from the colonial days sometimes walk through the house as they follow the track to water. Unfortunately, some of the early pioneers in the district died of thirst, while others were so dehydrated that they crawled back to town on their bellies. 

I sort of live on a water ley line in a parched, semi-arid place. One night a couple of weeks ago, I was busy writing my romance stories on my laptop. I took a break to go to the bathroom. It was an automatic thing to do, walk to the bathroom, flick on the light switch, and walk into the room. I’ve done this action a thousand times before and I don’t think about it.

On this occasion, I turned on the bathroom light and kept walking. It took me a second for my eyes to go from darkness to seeing the grey/white outline of a ghost. His body was invisible and he was standing right in front of me. By the time my brain worked out what I was seeing, it was too late, I’d walked straight through the spirit person. I came to a stop soon after. I flung a hand over the solar plexus area of my body in a strange gesture of warding off a ghost possession. Seconds later, my emotions caught up with me. I was shocked, hardly believing what had just happened. Then I was a little bit scared. All in all, my emotional reactions caused a rush of energy through my body, and during those seconds, I believe the ghost harnessed the energy and took off.

Fortunately, I wasn’t possessed by the ghost, and I did wonder afterward if the ghost had been waiting for me to visit the bathroom. I think he somehow used the living energy of my body as a boost to go off to his next destination. Hopefully he was going to where he needed to be, like returning to the light or going to heaven or wherever was the right place for him. I had the sense that the ghost had whooshed off, and left my house for good. 

In the days that followed, I made myself, turn on the light, stop and pause before walking into the bathroom. Now time has passed, I sometimes forget to stop….


Back At the Camp Fire

Meanwhile back at the Camp Fire, the procession of ghosts dissolve in the moonlight. Thank goodness the haunting is over. The doors to the crypts of the dead are closed once more.
It’s time to have a drink and toast the marshmallows in the fire.
Oh no…all of a sudden the flames turn purple and leap high into the air.
We quickly scramble away from the burning logs.
A dog howls a spine-tingling message. Is it a shape-shifter? A wolf or a werewolf?
Closer still, snap, crunch, another animal walks over dry twigs and leaves.
With a hand over our fast-beating hearts, we see the glowing eyes of a cat, watching us back.
Cloaked riders on broomsticks streak across the face of the moon. The witches are coming!

Black night and pearly light,
Witches gather to dance,
and sing,
casting away,
monsters, ghouls, and everything,
hiding in the shadows,
of Samhain’s eve…… 

source: http://www.picturequotes.com/
The Halloween bogies are coming.
Have a cackling good weekend.
♥ Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment