Friday 25 November 2016

Snippets of News about “The Dressmaker” Movie

source: www.facebook.com

“The Dressmaker” movie was released to the world on different dates and even different years. In the USA, Amazon Studios with Broad Green Pictures released the movie in September 2016.

During the last 12 months, my 2 write-ups about the movie have become popular posts. So I thought I’d search the web for some snippets of news about “The Dressmaker”.

Justin Chang of Variety gave the film a positive review, saying, "Moorhouse's adaptation of Rosalie Ham's 2000 novel may lead audiences to expect a primmer, more well-behaved movie based on its title alone, but that doesn't mean it won't have them in stitches." (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dressmaker_(2015_film)

Here’s a featurette video about the story.


Actor, Liam Hemsworth (brother of Chris) was nervous about his undressing scene in the movie.
From an article over at news.com.au  (which doesn’t have a repost button for the Blogger site)....

“I didn’t eat for weeks,” he admitted to E! News about preparing for his shirtless scene in the flick. “I did some push-ups in my trailer. Anytime you’re going to come out and take your top off, it’s good to do a couple of push-ups … It’s very difficult to come out and just take your clothes off.”


Liam Hemsworth, "Teddy" from "The Dressmaker" movie. Teddy is about to be measured up for his wedding suit.
source: news.com.au
From Hemsworth’s co-star, Kate Winslet“When I would get to the point [in the scene] where I had to measure his waist, I would actually hear his stomach growling,” she said. “I would think, ‘Poor darling. Let’s get the scene done.’”

Looking handsome, here's Teddy wearing his finished wedding suit.



Teddy wearing his wedding suit made by the Dressmaker.
source: http://www.townandcountrymag.com/

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

 Belle of the Ball

The character, Gertrude is a shop girl and she casts her eyes over the most eligible bachelor in the district and decides she wants him for herself. Here is a picture of Gertrude in her ball gown, with commentary from; http://www.townandcountrymag.com/


Belle of the Ball
source: http://www.townandcountrymag.com/
“In Gertrude's break-out moment, she wears a stunning, three-layered silk dress adorned with vintage jewelry. After she makes her debut in this gown, a flock of townsfolk run to Tilly for one of her creations.

Even before I hired a costume designer, I was doing intense amounts of research on the golden age of couture," said Moorhouse. "I studied Dior, Balenciaga and Balmain, and Jacque Fath—I loved his stuff.”

I liked this photograph of rustic charm and glamorous Gertrude so much I had to include it.


copyright Universal Pictures
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Documentary

The movie sweeps across genres with vintage fashion flair, and if you’d like to watch some behind the cameras action, a documentary has been released.

BEHIND THE SEAMS: THE MAKING OF THE DRESSMAKER

Available on DVD everywhere from Wednesday 23rd November, 2016.



If you're interested, here’s the link for the ABC shop, https://shop.abc.net.au/products/the-dressmaker-behind-the-seams-2dvd


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Well that’s me all stitched up for another week.
Remember, a stitch in time saves nine. Oh, the mending pile is growing bigger.
Sew much fabric, sew little time.
Keep calm and grab the seam ripper.
Have a good weekend. 
♥ Ashlyn 



My 2015 blog posts about “The Dressmaker” movie are here;

Blog Post # 1 The Dressmaker - A Captivating Movie
Blog Post #2 The Dressmaker Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment