Friday 12 June 2015

Romance Update

Hey, I’m back from the movies and keen to dive back into the world of romance books again. I thought I’d share some news, and what I’m writing and reading.


In the News…

Fifty Shades of Grey, Book 4
Author E.L James has announced she’s written a new book from Christian Grey’s perspective. The release date is his birthday, June 18 2015.

Romance Writer, Valerie Parv
Congratulations to Valerie Parv who was honored with the Order of Australia Medal in the 2015 Queen’s Birthday honors for significant service to the arts as a prolific author, and as a role model and mentor to young emerging writers.

Valerie has sold more than 29 million books worldwide.

I have attended conferences at the Romance Writers of Australia where Valerie has freely given her advice on romance topics and offered encouragement to writers. This is a well-deserved honor for Valerie.

I’m Writing…

Ambush and Surrender (Historical Romance)

I’m about three quarters of the way through writing the first story in the Renton Manor series. 

Earlier on in the story, Vonnie, the heroine, was desperate to get past the locked gates of the Renton Manor to find her sister. 

Now Vonnie is having all sorts of trouble escaping the grounds of the manor house, and leaving behind the handsome, good-hearted Dirk Renton. 

Hen Party (Contemporary Romance)

There are about four chapters of the Hen Party story left to write. Mr J, is the “rooster on the loose” at the Hen Party, and the tension from the bachelorette action is building towards a crisis point. 

Kyra, the heroine, won’t escape the disaster unscathed. Her attraction to Mr J could be her final undoing in this first story with the crazy girls.

I’ve made the first Hen Party video and posted it lower down in the blogger, but I think the images and writing are too small and hard to read. It’s been a learning curve to figure out the video techno stuff for the Blogger and Facebook. I couldn’t do it alone either.

Anyway, my recent trips to the movies inspired me to try again. So, next week, I’m planning to relaunch the “Beginnings of Hen Party” story video. Fingers crossed!

I’m Reading…

“Kiss of Steel” (London Steampunk) by Bec McMaster

The story is a combination of Victorian age London, steampunk and paranormal elements. The hero, Blade, is a scoundrel from the get-go. But he looks after the people he cares about, and proves it to the heroine, Honoria, by his actions. As Honoria’s life circumstances become more and more dire, I’m having trouble putting the book down.

 I hope you had a good week and an even better weekend!
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment