Friday 11 December 2015

Writing Update

Well, it’s nearly time for me to rest the writing pen on my blogger site. Next week will be my last post for 2015, but I’ll be back again in the new year. 

Over the holiday break, I’ll still be active on Google + and Facebook at least.

2015 has been a big year of writing for me. I’ve written more words than I’ve ever done before. With many, “I don’t know what the heck I’m doing” nerves, I made my social media sites around April 2015. It’s been non-stop writing in one form or another ever since.


Writing on the blogger site, pushed me out of my comfort zone of penning romance to post about topics that might interest readers. I’ve featured romance books written by other authors. I made comments about movies I'd watched. Wrote posts about astrology, cooking, dancing, history, strange and spooky things.

On Google+, I discovered a treasure trove of posts from people all over the world that interested me. As the months passed, my mind, heart and creative world opened up in ways I didn’t expect. I read about many different perceptions of love and romance. I enjoyed the blog stories of other writers. I couldn’t resist the beautiful artwork. I got caught up with dancing, and the tango wouldn’t let me go. I soaked up the inspirational posts and was starved for more. The Vintage and Victorian Age posts caused me to reflect on the times and memories of life before the digital revolution.

I’m appreciative of the friends I’ve met in the social media worlds.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hen Party



Throughout the year, I wrote over 80,000 words toward my romance stories. 

The Hen Party story is going to be a long one. I think I’ve reached the half-way mark of the party. The bunch of misbehaving bachelorettes and the rooster-on-the-loose won’t stop telling me more about their party shenanigans. They can't run amok forever, and all of the cast of characters will ultimately end up in big trouble. 

It’s been a challenge writing scenes with multiple characters who create mayhem in their own ways. Some writing friends have critiqued the first novella. It seems likely that in 2016, I will quietly self-publish novella-sized books from the Hen Party story in Amazon’s kindle store. Publishing dates will depend on finalizing editing, blurb writing and book cover design. I haven’t found all of the helpers for the book production yet. 





When I finally finish the Hen Party story, I’ll write about the full book launch on my social media sites.


Hen Party is the first book in a series that I’m planning to write about the romance between smart, sassy Kyra, and Mr J, the mysterious hero. Their attraction for each other starts during the trying circumstances of the hen party. The couple’s path to love will continue to be a bumpy ride all the way until they surrender their intense feelings for another. Smooth, sexy Mr J thought he knew a lot about women and seduction, until he met Kyra and the bachelorettes.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥





Ambush & Surrender


I have almost finished my Victorian Age short romance, “Ambush & Surrender”. 

A story about the heroine, Vonnie, who ambushes the hero's carriage and persuades the gentlemanly Mr. Renton to help her find her missing sister. The unlikely couple find love along the way.  

Unfortunately, I took a story direction that landed me at a dead end. I need to go back and pick up the story threads and get the story back on track again.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥




A Scandalous Victorian Love Story

I haven’t finalized a story name, but I’m also writing books in another Victorian Age romance series. 

The books will tell the story of Lord Wylie’s scandalous pursuit of an inconvenient and bewitching woman who is far beneath his social class. Her name is Adeline, and she is a worldly woman who is wise to the ways of rogues and rakes. She falls in love with the lord when their eyes first meet, but she will resist her desires, and keep to her plans to leave London.

When the lord’s mother passed away before her time, he lost his happy home life and his family broke apart. He won’t give up his courtship of Adeline. She’s an extraordinary woman who brings him happiness like no other he’s met. The clash of wills and the call of love can’t be ignored by the couple.



A writing friend is currently critiquing the first book. Another round of editing will follow. I would like to write many books in this series before I think about publishing. Writing historical romance is a slower process for me, because of the need for research and to keep in the tone and voice of the times. So it’s likely, I won’t post much about this series until I’ve completed more books.


In 2016, I’m planning to start a Victorian Age Collection on Google+. I’ve thought a lot about the changes to Google+. The move away from the style of individual posts to become more focused on Collections and Communities. What can I do, but flex and adapt to the changes? That’s life. Live, learn and love. Write on!

Enjoy the week to come.
I hope it's not too hectic.

Festive cheers, 
Ashlyn. 

P.S Most of the images in this post were purchased from fotofolia.com






No comments:

Post a Comment