Saturday 4 April 2015

Hello and welcome to my page wherever you are in the world.

I like reading romance. Well, I love it actually. Cheesy, huh?  Not at all, for me. I've read about some awesome guys and terrific women in the pages of books. Reading has saved me a few times from having a melt-down over raising kids, the day job, the mortgage, and paying the bills.


My mother was a hoarder of “good” books. She loved her special ones like friends. Her bookcases were her personal library. 

I read books from an early age, as soon as I could string words together into sentences, and understand them.  Only, I wasn’t born with the best eyesight. 

I wore pale pink, pointy-ended “Dame Edna” style reading glasses in the nineteen seventies.

I started reading romance, (my step-grandmother’s Mills & Boon books) as a young teenager, and decades later, something else happened…

I was inspired to create my own romance stories with the sexy heroes and heroines from my imagination. It’s been a journey to learn the craft of writing. I've entered competitions to receive critical feedback and improve. Critique partners have generously given me their comments to help me take another step towards publication.

There’s been a whole lot of editing, rewriting, learning more about myself, and the different writing voices inside my head (the historical and contemporary muses). Now my plans to independently publish are getting closer and closer.

I look forward to sharing some more enjoyable moments with you from my favorite place—the world of romance novels.

Thanks for stopping by,
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment