Friday 17 April 2015

The Romance Writer

I like to let my imagination roam and write stories in different time periods from the late Victorian age to the present. I’m writing a series of romance books for the sub-genres of Historical, Contemporary and Romantic Comedy to entertain readers.

As I continue writing, at the same time I will also be taking the characters on an extra journey into the digital world. The heroines and heroes will become more than Times New Roman words on my laptop. I would like to show the romantic couples to readers in more ways than the written words.

Build visual story worlds and breathe life into the characters with pictures, audio and videos. I’m long on the inspiration and a bit short on the technical know-how to achieve my creative goals. However, lately, I've been finding some innovative ladies all over the globe to collaborate with me. They’re helping me give the story worlds a vivid splash of color through the use of multi-media.

There’s more background on the stories down lower in this post, but my enthusiasm has over-ruled the sense of order and I’d like to tell you about two productions I’m currently working on.

For the Victorian story, Ambush & SurrenderI've been writing and producing a gorgeous, vintage video about the heroine, Vonnie. Making it with sepia colors and aiming for some effects from the era of silent films. I've purchased rousing music from a young German composer to accompany the short video. You can watch the video on my facebook page,  here.

For the ROM-COM story, Hen Party, I’m making the first short video to show the circumstances of the girls’ night out. The secondary characters, a group of women called the “Henriettas” are not pretty girls or even fashionable. For the video, I'm giving the Henrietta misfits a retro, cartoon art look to add a bit of pzazz. There’s also a white cat who has insights on the story, a sort of narrator. The overall effect is quirky and I hope, funny, but most of all, my goal is to entertain and draw a smile from readers. When the first Hen Party video is finished, I plan to post it here on the blogger.

Here’s some more information about my upcoming romance book series.


HISTORICAL

The late Victorian age is one place I call my writer’s home. I’m drawn to this era during the reign of Queen Victoria because of the enormous story-telling potential. The Industrial Revolution brought about both prosperity and disruption to English society, women’s roles and class structure.

I have found opportunities to indulge elements of Victorian romanticism, and combine them with heroines who have the courage to change with the times, and make something out of their lives.

I’m planning two different book series set in late Victorian times.




RENTON MANOR will be the first series.
I am currently writing the first book-Ambush & Surrender. It’s a story reversing the “Highwayman” trope to a “Highwaywoman” with a hero in jeopardy and a heroine with a desperate purpose. Love happens?

I am currently posting about Ambush & Surrender on my  facebook page.

VICTORIAN VENUS, the first book-Scandalous Temptations will be the beginnings of a grand love story between a ruined woman and a rogue lord. I am pouring my heart and soul into writing several books about this couple who scandalize London society.


CONTEMPORARY

At the moment, I am planning a SOUL MATES series about a heroine and a hero who get a second chance at love.


ROM-COM

The VADGESTA series are laugh about stories starring one sexy hero and heroine, and the chaos caused by a cast of misbehaving women. 

I’m past half-way writing the first book, Hen Party. In the coming weeks, I’ll start posting more about Hen Party here on the blogger site.


Share a smile with someone you love!
Bye for now,
Ashlyn


No comments:

Post a Comment