Friday 8 April 2016

First Blog Anniversary



























“If you want change, then get out of your comfort zone,” thanks to the G+ person who recently posted similar words of wisdom.

“Cast away those doubts,” from Annie Lennox’s – 'Why' song.



Hooray, it’s my first year anniversary on social media!
Hello, wherever you are in the big world.
Thanks for clicking to visit my page.

I’m amazed that I’ve blogged 70 posts in twelve months and still have something left to write about.

You see, it’s the writer’s lot in life to worry about getting the words right. Like Jane did.


“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.” -Jane Austen, ‘Pride and Prejudice’   source: Goodreads

There’s been many times during the last year, when I felt like I wasn't doing so well at writing a book or a blog. Fortunately, there’s a way of beating the odds of failing like Lucy and Ethel did in the 1950’s, “I Love Lucy” television show. When they were hand-wrapping chocolates on the factory production line and kept up the pace, no matter what. 

Inspiration and laughs aplenty!


 
Last April, I intended to post on social media as a romance author. Following instinct, and over the following months, I also found out more about my socially, introverted self.

Stephen King, “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

After existing in a cultural wilderness for years, I found my passions were on-line. My sense of humor started creeping into my posts (I'm still nervous about that). Carrying-on, I have hope now, that my writing will get better and better.

On the flip-side of celebrating my anniversary, I've discovered other people’s writings, the posts with different expressions of romance, love, inner beauty, art, music, dance, vintage, Victorian, and reflections of the soul. Thank you, friends, for sharing your posts and connecting with me on the social media sites.

With gratitude for what’s been shared between us this year,
I’ll sign off for another week.
Have a good one.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Ashlyn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks D.D blogger too. The chocolates are on the blog. Just need the champagne now.

    ReplyDelete