Friday 15 April 2016

The Writer's Life

Is the writer’s life a crazy one?
Too many voices talking in the head,
and demanding to be heard.

The characters and their conversations,
write me,
please,
or you won’t be able to write anything else that makes sense.

The importance of sleep,
Huh?
Forgotten.
Tick-tock goes the clock.

And what about stories sourced from the depths,
of the mysterious, subconscious mind?

Are the scenes scraped together from the deep, dark dirges of every experience you’ve ever had in your life.
Or are they bright as a light, a fab story that’s dazzling with brilliance, and you can’t wait to share it with readers.

When I go back to edit one of my stories, it’s a common occurrence for me to find a puzzling section of writing. “Did I write this? Where did those words come from? I don’t remember thinking them up.”
I shake my head in disbelief. I was present when those words were written. My fingers and brain worked in tandem to type the words on the page, but my conscious mind must have been duped at the time.

So Why Do Writer’s Write?

“Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.”
Nora Ephron, source: Goodreads 

What About These Two Unusual Book Titles?

“I Was Told There’d Be Cake,” by Sloane Crosley

“I Feel Bad About My Neck…” by Nora Ephron

Here’s one reason why Writer’s Write….


This coming week on Google +, I’ll be posting articles about the Writer’s Life. Hope you can join me there. 

Smile and love,
and be loved too.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment