Friday 22 July 2016

Movie - "Ghostbusters"


Last weekend, I went to see the new Ghostbusters movie at the cinema. I had my own mini-adventure at the start of the movie until reality interrupted. Here's what happened. I sat down in the red chair. It tilted back like a car seat, or so I thought. I put on my 3D glasses and I was ready to be entertained.

*Spoiler Alert*

The first ghost haunting was a phantom from the Victorian Age (I’m forever curious about history). I was mesmerized by the beautiful patterns the lady ghost’s sweeping skirts made as she moved out of her basement dungeon. The Ghostbusters thought she was a nice lady, a harmless old dear.


I was totally hooked into the story—imagining the lady’s life circumstances, and why she was stuck as a ghost and not RIP. All of a sudden the nice lady turned nasty. She spewed green slime out of her mouth at the Ghostbuster. The jet of sticky goo came out of the 3D movie screen and headed straight for me.

My hands gripped the arm rests. I titled back in the seat.
“Aaaarghhh….” I called out.
I jammed my right foot down on the brake pedal. In my state of fright, I thought I was driving a car and I had to avoid a collision with the fountain of sticky ectoplasm.
“Mum, be quiet!” my kid said.
Then I felt like a silly goose for getting caught up in the movie drama.

I enjoyed watching the diverse characters and the ‘geek girls’. I’d be warned to ‘shut it’ so I quietly laughed at Melissa McCarthy’s dialogue of science mumbo-jumbo.

Australian actor, Chris Hemsworth (we love) played the role of the Ghostbuster’s secretary/receptionist. His character, Kevin, was a gender-bender of a woman with no brains who’s hired for her good-looks (Hollywood—we’re over it). Kevin was a ripped guy, with a cheesy grin and a sparkle in his eyes. He was on a learning curve on how to operate the desk telephone. Chris played up to the role of Kevin, and made it bigger, funnier and more ridiculous.

Meet Kevin, here's some movie footage.


There was also a brief appearance of actress, Sigourney Weaver from the 1980’s “ALIENS” Sci-Fi movies. I’d love to see more Ghostbusters with Sigourney in the scenes.

Here’s the official Ghostbusters movie trailer. 



The Ghostbusters movie was a lot of fun.
Enjoy your weekend!
Ashlyn  


No comments:

Post a Comment