Friday 2 October 2015

Tango Video

source:Fotolia
Tango is a partner dance that originated in South America in the 1890’s. Today, there are many types of Tango.

The dance is known to be rich in expression, with dramatic feeling and has cultural associations with romance.

I found a youtube video from Alberto Marq BsAs that demonstrates the tussle of desire, passion, and love between a woman and a man using the language of dance.

The video was uploaded to youtube in black and white.

The setting is a stark room, with a concrete floor and a wall of small square windows, which lends a sort of prison-like, maybe prisoner-of-love effect.
Stripped back and bare, the visuals put the focus on the dancing couple and their emotional expression.
I enjoyed watching the tussle and the elegant to-ing and fro-ing. The intimacy between the couple was tempestuous and classy.

The music for the video is “Sway with Me”, which is sung by Canadian singing superstar, Michael Buble.

Hold me close
Sway me smooth
Sway me now

Enjoy!
Ashlyn



♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

More Posts


This week, I’m delighted to welcome author, MC Dalton with her debut book, “Numbers and the Tango”. The story is a short contemporary romance about an unlikely couple who are drawn together through tango dancing. There’s also suspense, a light touch of humor and passion. The shy but capable hero charmed me as he grew into a dancing and romantic partner. While the fiery tango heroine reminded me of how precious freedom is, when you can’t live it without looking over your shoulder...



No comments:

Post a Comment